Monday 29 June 2015

Disco Inferno

FLUTTER Jumpsuit
So, about a month ago I undertook my first official styling project for a 'disco' themed editorial collaboration with photographer, Matt Leach 
Model // Anna Charlotte Irving and MUA // Louise Burke.

 I wouldn't class myself, officially as a stylist-  well, sometimes, when I'm feeling confident in my styling ability, its a titkle I play around with loosely.. 
Yes, I do style all the look book shoots for all the collections from my line Dancing Dolls UK and long before I actually began designing and creating  clothes; it was giving style and make up tips to my peers, that partly got me into considering the fashion route. At the time, I didn't even know: styling was actually a job!
Now, I do. I do, also know, how hard and intense it is to be a stylist and to make as full time profession. Hence, why I don't really claim the title so lightly.

I curated the looks for the disco themed shoot, using pieces from the DDUK range- obvs- including:
  • FLUTTER jumpsuit,
  • GLITTERATI sequin cowl back gown,
  • SPARKLE playsuit, 
  • GLIMMER mini dress  
  • GLOW cowl neck mini dress. 

Well, why would I look anywhere else; when I had all the pieces, I needed at DDUK HQ?! ;-)

I teamed it with lots of oversized jewellry, coupled with Anna's ma-soohive red afro and a Disco inferno was created.
 Below are my favourite edits from the collaboration. 
Thank you Matt Leach for the opportunity.

 Pieces used in this collaboration are available at www.dancingdollsuk.com. or contact us here to enquire about ordering any of the pieces, no longer available via the DDUK website.

Till the next time xo


GLITTERATI gown
SPARKLE playsuit


GLIMMER mini dress 




No comments:

Post a Comment